1. What are the operational hours and the rates of the planetarium shows?
The National Planetarium is open daily from 9.00am until 4.30pm (except on Monday, 1st day of Eid ul-Fitr and 1st day of Eid ul-Adha). Please click HERE for information about the Operating Hour and Price.
For more information please contact 03-2273 5484 (during office hours, Mon-Fri 8.00am-5pm).
2. How to get to the National Planetarium?
You can get here by taxi, bus, KL Hop-On-Hop-Off Double Decker Tour Bus Service or by walking from KL Sentral. We are located in the Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden also known as Taman Tasik Perdana.
3. How can I be informed on upcoming activities, events and promotions at the National Planetarium ?
When you visit the National Planetarium, kindly leave your name card (with an email address) at the ticket counter. We will send you updates on our activities, events and promotions to your email.
4. How many people can the Space Theater occupied in a single event/show?
Our dome theater can accomodate up to 200 people in comfortable seats.
5. How can I get free admission?
Free admissiona are based on the following guidelines:
6. What are the theme of exhibitions at the National Planetarium?
The National Planetarium exhibition is divided into two themes, Astronomy & Space Exploration. It is a mixture or reading materials like posters, images, and also exhibitions that requires visitors to engage and play with to understand concepts behind space science.
7. Where should we park our car when visiting the National Planetarium?
The National Planetarium has ample number of parking space next to the main building. However, visitors are permitted to do drop off & pick-up passengers within the vicinity of the National Planetarium.
8. Are there access for the disabled, pregnant mothers and parents with strollers?
Yes there is. There are signs at the entrance gate that visitors with disability are allowed to be dropped off inside the compound of the Planetarium. Just inform the personnel at the entrance of the Planetarium and tell them of your needs and don't forget to ask them to show you the drop-off point. The area is situated at the back of the Planetarium and you can easily push your wheelchair or stroller from that point on.