A Poster Contest for children will be organized as part of World Space Week 2018 (WSW2018) celebration which is organized annually by the Planetarium Negara under the Ministry of Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change (MESTECC). This Poster Contest will give children an opportunity to delve into the depth of their imagination, exercise their creativity and showcase their ideas in the art form. The contest aims at enhance children’s interest in and awareness of space science and technology, and to encourage children to expand their imagination about the universe.
Theme: “My Home in Space”
This Poster Contest encourages children to explore their creativity and expand their imaginations in the point of view of space, as means of generating their interest in space. The children is required to translate their creativity and innovative thoughts specifically in making space as their home in a form of drawing / painting.
DRAWING / PAINTING RULES:
- This contest is open to all Primary school pupils and Secondary school students in Malaysia.
- All participants must be Malaysian citizens residing in Malaysia.
- Drawing / painting must be made on paper of A3 size (297 x 420 mm) at minimum and A2 size (420 x 594 mm) at maximum.
- Acceptable Tools of drawing / painting include pencil, crayon, water color, oil painting, computer drawing, etc. However, photos, wires, and other 3D objects are NOT accepted. The completed artwork must be a flat piece of paper.
- The drawing / painting must NOT include slogans. The drawing / painting must NOT represent any particular individual, organization, country or brand name and must NOT depict any religious theme. Any artwork that violates any of these restrictions is subject to be disqualified from the assessing process for the poster awards.
- Each drawing / painting must affix a Participation Form on the reverse side of the drawing / painting that clearly states the name of participant and his / her contact information.
* Your original poster drawing / painting must reach the Organizer NO later than 27th September 2018*
CERTIFICATES & PRIZES:
Certificates and prizes will be issued to all participants whose posters have been selected for the Best Poster Award (3 posters for each primary and secondary school category) and the Special Poster Award (3 posters for each primary and secondary school category). Selection of the posters is based on the following criteria:
- How well the poster addresses the theme
* Please print and complete the participation form below, and affix it behind your poster drawing / painting.
* Your original poster drawing / painting must be submitted to the Organizer at the following mailing address:
Announcement of the poster contest winners will be posted at http://www.planetariumnegara.gov.my in October 2018.
All submitted drawings and paintings will be the property of the WSW2018 Poster Contest organizer, Planetarium Negara, Ministry of Energy, Science, Technology, Environment and Climate Change (MESTECC), and they may be used in any type of publications or websites of MESTECC, Planetarium Negara, APRSAF Secretariats and Space Education Working Group (SE WG) members as well as other information materials limited to enhance space education. The organizer reserves the right to submit posters (not limited to the WSW2018 Poster Contest) to participate in the 25th Session of Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum Poster Contest (APRSAF-25 Poster Contest). The posters may only be returned to participants upon specific written request to the organizer at least a week before the event of APRSAF-25 Poster Contest.